Rispoli Law, PLLC: When You Need a Birth Injury Lawyer Phoenix AZ Parents Turn to with Confidence
After the excitement and anticipation of having a child, a birth injury lawyer in Phoenix, Arizona knows that the biggest nightmare a parent can face is the injury or death of their baby. If this tragic scenario describes your circumstances, contact a caring and compassionate birth injury lawyer in Phoenix AZ from Rispoli Law, PLLC.
In many cases, a birth injury could have been prevented either before, during, or after the delivery. At Rispoli Law, PLLC, Fred Rispoli works alongside medical experts and experienced physicians who are able to assess the medical aspects of your case. We can then pursue compensation from the negligent party or parties. Your family could be eligible to file a claim which might result in a substantial settlement. Call us today to speak with Fred Rispoli during a confidential and free consultation. FAQs About Birth Injuries.
Common Types of Newborn Birth Injuries
Throughout pregnancy and during the delivery process, a doctor must identify and address issues in a timely manner. A doctor that is careless, negligent or even reckless when treating a pregnant patient, may be risking a potential lawsuit if serious injury or death occur.
A knowledgeable birth injury lawyer in Phoenix AZ from our firm may suggest there are three common categories of birth injuries: traumatic birth injuries, premature birth injuries, and fetal oxygen deprivation.
- Traumatic Birth Injuries: Sadly, this occurs to infants during the delivery process and is the result of mechanical forces such as compression or traction tools. Vulnerable areas such as the brain, spine, nerves, and bones can be injured, resulting in traumatic birth injuries. During childbirth, the position and size of the infant can cause complications. If the doctor and medical team does not act appropriately, they can cause the baby to sustain an extreme injury. If you believe that your doctor was negligent during the delivery, then you may want to seek legal guidance from a birth injury lawyer in Phoenix AZ at Rispoli Law, PLLC.
- Premature Birth Injuries: If a baby is born preterm, it could lead to serious complications. A birth injury lawyer in Phoenix AZ may inform you that doctors have the responsibility of identifying factors that put the mother at risk for having a preterm pregnancy. The doctor should implement preventative strategies to keep this from occurring. Furthermore, if preterm pregnancy is imminent, the doctor should be prepared with medical strategies to help the infant's lungs mature and protect their brain.
- Fetal Oxygen Deprivation: Another term for this injury is hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy and occurs when the infant receives insufficient oxygen during the time of delivery. It can lead to a dangerous brain injury but is usually preventable. A birth injury lawyer in Phoenix AZ from Rispoli Law, PLLC may advise you that the injury is often times the result of doctors and medical staff failing to identify and address fetal distress.
Common conditions that may arise due to poor medical care include:
- Cerebral Palsy: a disorder of the brain and nervous system that may impair the baby’s ability to see, hear, move and think properly. This condition can be caused by oxygen deprivation, brain trauma, brain bleeding, umbilical cord problems, uterine rupture, placental abruption, and brain toxins.
- Brachial Plexus Injury and Erb’s Palsy: these conditions can occur when there is too much force applied to the baby’s head/neck amidst the delivery process. The force can cause nerves to be torn in the shoulder area, resulting in arm weakness or paralysis.
- Hydrocephalus: excess fluid of the brain accumulates due to head trauma or oxygen deprivation. The buildup of this fluid can cause brain damage.
These are only a few of the injuries that an infant can experience during labor. The mother may also be at risk of harm if something goes wrong or if the medical team is negligent. Fred Rispoli of Rispoli Law has dedicated his professional life to fighting for the rights of parents and their children. Call him today to learn how he may be able to help you too. Learn about What Birth Injuries Constitute a Legal Claim?
Signs of Negligence
Realizing that your doctor or other staff made a huge mistake before, during or after your delivery can be terrifying. Parents want what is best for their children from the start, and look to doctors for guidance on keeping their baby healthy as it develops in the womb and becomes ready to enter the world. If your baby suffered a birth injury due to any of these reasons, please contact a birth injury lawyer in Phoenix, AZ immediately:
- Failure to diagnose problems and offer proper treatment prior to delivery
- Failure to diagnose and create a plan for a high-risk delivery
- Failure to identify and respond urgently to umbilical cord issues
- Failure to admit the mother into an emergency C-section when needed
- Failure to notice and properly address heart issues in the baby
- Failure to administer necessary medications to address complications
- Failure to administer the correct dosage or type of medication
- Failure to respond with urgency to the fetus in distress or lacking oxygen
- Failure to use delivery instruments in the appropriate way
If you are facing hardships due to a birth-related injury, allow Fred Rispoli of Rispoli Law, PLLC to manage the legal aspects of your case. Depending on the variables associated with the pregnancy or delivery, you may have reason to file a lawsuit for compensation.
There is nothing that can atone for having an unhealthy baby, but a knowledgeable birth injury lawyer in Phoenix AZ may help ease some of the burden by providing legal advice. A settlement can help financially prepare for the future and cover related medical expenses. 5 FAQ's About Birth Injury Law.
Call for a Free Consultation
Fred Rispoli of Rispoli Law, PLLC is the birth injury lawyer Phoenix AZ families want on their side-- call him today for a free consultation to learn your legal options.
"I found Mr. Rispoli to be very informative of the case, He kept me informed of what was going on in the case. We were very happy with the results." - Jane E.