Rispoli Law, PLLC: When You Need a Birth Injury Lawyer Phoenix AZ Parents Turn to with Confidence
After the excitement and anticipation of having a child, a birth injury lawyer in Phoenix, Arizona knows that the biggest nightmare a parent can face is the injury or death of their baby. If this tragic scenario describes your circumstances, contact a caring and compassionate birth injury lawyer in Phoenix, AZ from Rispoli Law, PLLC. When it comes to birth injuries, parents should know what signs to look for in order to determine whether or not the injury is due to medical malpractice or if the injury happened due to natural causes.
Unfortunately, birth injuries are all too common, and many of them could have been prevented if the medical professional was not acting in a negligent way during the mother’s pregnancy or during the labor and delivery process. While you may be overjoyed at the new addition to your family, it could be easy to miss some of the signs early on that your child experienced a birth injury. For more information on how the caring and compassionate Phoenix birth injury lawyer at Rispoli Law, PLLC can help you with your birth injury claim, please contact our office today.
In many cases, a birth injury could have been prevented either before, during, or after the delivery. At Rispoli Law, PLLC, Fred Rispoli works alongside medical experts and experienced physicians who are able to assess the medical aspects of your case. We can then pursue compensation from the negligent party or parties. Your family could be eligible to file a claim which might result in a substantial settlement. Call us today to speak with Fred Rispoli during a confidential and free consultation. FAQs About Birth Injuries.
Reasons for Birth Injuries
When a doctor is performing his or her job negligently, there is a slew of mistakes that they could make that may lead to injuries not only to the child but also to the mother. In severe cases, these injuries do not heal. Common reasons birth injuries occur are:
- The medical professional failed to detect any signs of early fetal distress.
- The medical professional did not perform an emergency cesarean section as needed.
- The medical professional did not use birth-assistant tools correctly.
Common reasons that a mother may experience maternal birth injuries are:
- The medical professional did not diagnose and treat preeclampsia.
- The medical professional did not diagnose and treat gestational diabetes.
- The medical professional did not diagnose and treat various maternal infections.
Common Types of Newborn Birth Injuries
A birth injury occurs when there is damage done to the child through the birthing process. This typically occurs as the baby is in transit through the birth canal. Some birth injuries are so minor that they can clear up days after delivery, while others are so severe and traumatic that they never go away.
Throughout pregnancy and during the delivery process, a doctor must identify and address issues in a timely manner. A doctor that is careless, negligent or even reckless when treating a pregnant patient, may be risking a potential lawsuit if serious injury or death occur.
A knowledgeable birth injury lawyer in Phoenix, AZ from our firm may suggest there are three common categories of birth injuries: traumatic birth injuries, premature birth injuries, and fetal oxygen deprivation.
- Traumatic Birth Injuries: Sadly, this occurs to infants during the delivery process and is the result of mechanical forces such as compression or traction tools. Vulnerable areas such as the brain, spine, nerves, and bones can be injured, resulting in traumatic birth injuries. During childbirth, the position and size of the infant can cause complications. If the doctor and medical team does not act appropriately, they can cause the baby to sustain an extreme injury. If you believe that your doctor was negligent during the delivery, then you may want to seek legal guidance from a birth injury lawyer in Phoenix, AZ at Rispoli Law, PLLC.
- Premature Birth Injuries: If a baby is born preterm, it could lead to serious complications. A birth injury lawyer in Phoenix, AZ may inform you that doctors have the responsibility of identifying factors that put the mother at risk for having a preterm pregnancy. The doctor should implement preventative strategies to keep this from occurring. Furthermore, if preterm pregnancy is imminent, the doctor should be prepared with medical strategies to help the infant's lungs mature and protect their brain.
- Fetal Oxygen Deprivation: Another term for this injury is hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy and occurs when the infant receives insufficient oxygen during the time of delivery. It can lead to a dangerous brain injury but is usually preventable. A birth injury lawyer in Phoenix, AZ from Rispoli Law, PLLC may advise you that the injury is often times the result of doctors and medical staff failing to identify and address fetal distress.
Common conditions that may arise due to poor medical care include:
- Cerebral Palsy. A disorder of the brain and nervous system that may impair the baby’s ability to see, hear, move, and think properly. This condition can be caused by oxygen deprivation, brain trauma, brain bleeding, umbilical cord problems, uterine rupture, placental abruption, and brain toxins.
- Brachial Plexus Injury and Erb’s Palsy. These conditions can occur when there is too much force applied to the baby’s head/neck amidst the delivery process. The force can cause nerves to be torn in the shoulder area, resulting in arm weakness or paralysis. It happens when a baby’s neck is stretched too much during delivery. While some cases of Erb’s Palsy are relatively minor, many babies will need to go through physical therapy or surgery if there is no improvement.
- Hydrocephalus. Excess fluid of the brain accumulates due to head trauma or oxygen deprivation. The buildup of this fluid can cause brain damage.
- Fractures. During the delivery process, a newborn may fracture their clavicle. Sometimes, there is nothing that could have been done about this injury. In other cases, however, the doctor may have had the time necessary to see a complication and request a C-section.
- Caput Succedaneum. This condition is marked by the swelling of a newborn’s scalp. It is possible that this happened because of pressure in the birth canal or when the doctor used a vacuum extraction procedure.
These are only a few of the injuries that an infant can experience during labor. The mother may also be at risk of harm if something goes wrong or if the medical team is negligent. Fred Rispoli of Rispoli Law, PLLC has dedicated his professional life to fighting for the rights of parents and their children. Call him today to learn how he may be able to help you too. Learn about What Birth Injuries Constitute a Legal Claim?
Signs of Negligence
Realizing that your doctor or other staff made a huge mistake before, during or after your delivery can be terrifying. Parents want what is best for their children from the start, and look to doctors for guidance on keeping their baby healthy as it develops in the womb and becomes ready to enter the world. If your baby suffered a birth injury due to any of these reasons, please contact a birth injury lawyer in Phoenix, AZ immediately:
- Failure to diagnose problems and offer proper treatment prior to delivery.
- Failure to diagnose and create a plan for a high-risk delivery.
- Failure to identify and respond urgently to umbilical cord issues.
- Failure to admit the mother into an emergency C-section when needed.
- Failure to notice and properly address heart issues in the baby.
- Failure to administer necessary medications to address complications.
- Failure to administer the correct dosage or type of medication.
- Failure to respond with urgency to the fetus in distress or lacking oxygen.
- Failure to use delivery instruments in the appropriate way.
If you are facing hardships due to a birth-related injury, allow Fred Rispoli of Rispoli Law, PLLC to manage the legal aspects of your case. Depending on the variables associated with the pregnancy or delivery, you may have reason to file a lawsuit for compensation.
There is nothing that can atone for having an unhealthy baby, but a knowledgeable birth injury lawyer in Phoenix, AZ may help ease some of the burden by providing legal advice. A settlement can help financially prepare for the future and cover related medical expenses. 5 FAQ's About Birth Injury Law.
Call for a Free Consultation
If your child suffered from a birth injury, you should not be stuck with the medical bills, physical therapy, and even lifelong complications that this type of medical malpractice caused. The Phoenix, Arizona birth injury lawyer at Rispoli Law, PLLC believes that you should get compensation to help cover these costs.
Fred Rispoli of Rispoli Law, PLLC is the birth injury lawyer Phoenix, AZ families want on their side-- call him today for a free consultation to learn your legal options.
Birth Injuries Cause Life-Long Problems
When new parents are awaiting the birth of their child, they have excitement and joy about how their lives are about to change. No parent expects are wants anything to go wrong. Unfortunately, accidents can and do happen. Some accidents are preventable. Some are caused by the negligence or carelessness by medical staff.
No matter the reason, the life of the child and the parents is forever changed. If your family has suffered this type of ordeal, contact a Phoenix AZ birth injury lawyer from Rispoli Law, PLLC today.
When a mother or a baby suffer a birth injury, it is a truly terrible situation. Not only do the parents blame themselves to some extent, they are also shouldered with great additional responsibility to care for their child.
As a result, if you or your baby has suffered a birth injury, a birth injury lawyer in Phoenix AZ from Rispoli Law, PLLC can help. During this emotional and difficult time, speaking with a lawyer might be the last thing on your mind. But it couldn’t be more important.
The use of a lawyer in a birth injury case is one you might find yourself regretting if you choose not to use a lawyer. Your life is changing rapidly and drastically. You will have extreme medical expenses that could cause financial ruin. Remember that you did nothing to cause the birth injury you or your baby has suffered. You shouldn’t bear any of the responsibility in the cost.
What’s the difference between a birth injury and a birth defect?
- A birth defect happens during the development of your baby. A birth injury happens during childbirth or shortly after.
- A birth defect can be caused by natural occurrences or by negligence of someone else. A birth injury is almost always caused by negligence or carelessness of medical personnel.
You’re facing a mountain of medical expenses to help care for you and your baby. You need a Phoenix AZ birth injury lawyer by your side that is looking out for your best interests and making sure you get the compensation you need to make your new life less challenging.
Contact us today to fight for you and your baby
You owe it to yourself and your baby to use a skilled and trusted birth injury lawyer to help you recover for the injuries you’ve suffered. Your life is never going to be the same. You need to focus on that while we focus on helping care for those changes.
At birth injury lawyer Phoenix AZ families recommend from Rispoli Law, PLLC can help you recover the compensation you deserve for the birth injury you’ve suffered. While no amount of money will change what has happened, it will help ease your suffering by covering the expenses you’re facing.
"I was extremely happy with my Arizona nursing home abuse lawyer at Rispoli Law. We were able to reach a favorable conclusion to our father's case without having to spend a lot of money in litigation costs. Whenever I had a question or concern, I could directly email or call my Arizona nursing home abuse attorney and discuss my issues with my lawyer within a day or two. Rispoli Law got me a favorable settlement that really helped ease the burden of medical expenses and provided us with a better peace of mind going forward. I highly recommend Rispoli Law!"
Matthew P. Neal