When You Should Turn to a Pressure Sore Lawyer Phoenix AZ Offers for Help
On behalf of an elderly loved one, you may have already realized you need to talk to a pressure sore lawyer in Phoenix. If your parent was abused or neglected while in the care of a healthcare facility, call us at Rispoli Law immediately to speak with an experienced attorney. We can provide you with a no-cost, no-obligation consultation with a pressure sore lawyer. If your elder suffered pressure sores while in a nursing home or hospital, we may be able to help your family get justice.
How Pressure Sores Can Develop
When a person is unable to move positions while in bed, trained staff are required to monitor the person and move them periodically. If they allow the person to stay in the same position for too long, pressure sores can develop. The sores are large wounds that are painful and if left untreated, can become infected and develop further complications. In the most devastating cases, it can cause death. When pressure sores that develop could have been prevented, those responsible for the patient’s care can be held liable with the help of a pressure sore lawyer in Phoenix. A financial settlement can provide your family with the ability to provide your elder with the medical treatment they deserve. If the pressure sore fatally injured your loved one, a pressure sore lawyer can file a wrongful death suit on your behalf. A successful suit can punish the offenders and make an example that mistreating people in their care is not acceptable. In this way, you may be able to help prevent them from hurting other people in the future.
The Four Stages of Pressure Sores
Pressure sores should never be allowed to develop, as even minor cases are detrimental to the health and welfare of the patient. When left untreated, they can become increasingly serious. As a pressure sore lawyer in Phoenix from Rispoli Law can tell you from experience with these types of cases, there are four main stages of pressure sore development.
- Stage One: the skin’s outermost surface shows irritation.
- Stage Two: shallow craters and blisters develop on the outer layer of skin as it begins to die.
- Stage Three: open and bleeding wounds appear as the skin’s deeper layers become affected.
- Stage Four: the muscles and bone become exposed in this most severe stage of pressure sores.
Contact a Pressure Sore Lawyer Phoenix AZ Families Trust
At Rispoli Law we have years of experience protecting the rights of victims in our community. We have the skills and resources needed to handle the most complex medical malpractice cases and may be able to help you as well. If your loved one suffered from a pressure sore, your family may be eligible to seek compensation from those responsible. Do not delay or you will risk missing the statute of limitations deadline in cases like these. Call our office today to speak with a pressure sore lawyer in Phoenix during a complimentary claim review.
There are multiple avenues for a medical provider to commit malpractice. Medical malpractice issues may include:
- Surgical errors
- Erroneous placement of surgical hardware or placement of inappropriate hardware
- Failure to diagnose, misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis of condition
- Medication errors
- Anesthesia errors
- Birth injury, including negligent prenatal care
- Hospital-related malpractice (emergency room errors, hospital-acquired infections, premature discharge from facility)
- Radiology errors (failure to properly review x-ray, MRI, CT or PET imaging)
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Wrongful death caused by one or more of these issues listed above