Personal Injury Lawyer in Phoenix
One of the most common types of premise liability accidents are those at a gym. As a personal injury lawyer, we have successfully recovered millions of dollars for clients who were injured at another party’s property. No matter what happened, if you were injured at a gym, please call a personal injury lawyer now.
Gym Accident Lawyer
Gym accident can take many forms, but might include weights dropping or falling after the equipment malfunctions, tripping on equipment that is in the wrong place, or slipping on a floor that was wet without warning. When a gym accident occurs, it may be a valid premise liability case. A personal injury lawyer can listen to what happened and help you to pursue compensation from the responsible party.
Understanding the Role of Negligence
In a gym accident, the owner of the gym would most likely be responsible, but only if they are found to have been negligent. For instance, a personal injury lawyer would need to prove at least one of the following:
- The gym was not properly maintained according to the average standards of gym maintenance.
- The gym was set up in a way that created opportunities for an injury.
- The equipment was poorly maintained; thereby vulnerable to breaking.
- There was a lack of warning signs in the gym.
- There was poor hygiene.
- Trainers were uncertified or poorly trained.
Who May Be At Fault for a Gym Accident
When you’re injured at a gym, and you believe your injuries could have been prevented, you should ask a lawyer for help. A lawyer will investigate your case to determine who may be responsible.
Determining who is responsible for a gym accident will depend on how the injury happened. There are many different parties who could be a defendant in the case. As a personal injury lawyer, we can say that in many similar cases, the owner is almost always a defendant. Other possible defendants could include:
- A Trainer – If a trainer was working with you and did something negligent to cause the injury, they could be liable.
- The Equipment Manufacturer – In a small number of cases, the manufacturer of the equipment may be found liable. This is more likely in cases that involve defective equipment or equipment that was made with substandard materials.
If you were have found to be lifting too much weight before the equipment collapsed, you may not have a case. Likewise, if the defense can argue that you didn’t know what you were doing, you might find it difficult to recover damages. For this reason, it’s important you have an aggressive lawyer, like a personal injury lawyer in Phoenix, on your side.
Call a Personal Injury Lawyer for Gym Accidents Now
In order to have a successful case, a thorough investigation will need to be conducted. Time is of the essence and the longer you wait the more likely it will be for evidence to be destroyed. If you suffered harm at a gym, please reach out to our personal injury lawyers now.
Contact Rispoli Law PLLC for more insight into personal injury practice.