Dental Malpractice Lawyer Phoenix AZ
When meeting with an AZ dental malpractice lawyer in Phoenix at Rispoli Law, PLLC, we can explain to you how just like any other type of medical provider, dentists have a legal and ethical responsibility to offer treatment that meets expected standards of care. However, dentists are subject to making medical mistakes that can have serious ramifications.
When a dentist commits medical malpractice it may cause their patient severe pain and suffering, sometimes permanently. In rare cases, the injury could be fatal. When a patient suffers pain, and may require additional dental treatment in order to address the injury caused by their dentist, they have the right to hire an Arizona dental malpractice lawyer to pursue compensation.
The amount of damages could be significant. A dental malpractice lawyer in Phoenix, Arizona can help you file a claim against the dentist to recover your damages, or to file a lawsuit if necessary. Give us a call to discuss your legal options and how we might best assist you in recovering your damages.
Not every mistake that a dentist makes qualifies as dental malpractice. Because dental malpractice is a legal issue, there are certain criteria that must be met before one can expect a positive outcome after hiring a Phoenix dental malpractice lawyer, including:
- You had a doctor-patient relationship with the dentist. For example, the dentist was not an acquaintance of yours who you had not authorized to treat you
- The dentist caused you a serious injury while treating you because of their action or inaction
- The injury you suffered can be quantified by a dollar amount. Even pain and suffering can be assessed a dollar value by an experienced personal injury lawyer from Rispoli Law, PLLC
Dental Malpractice Common Examples
Occurrences of dental malpractice may not be as common as mistakes made by surgeons and many other medical practitioners, but our medical malpractice lawyer from Phoenix, AZ is familiar with handling dental cases and takes them very seriously. There are many ways in which dental malpractice may occur, and some are more common than others. For instance:
- Complications from an improperly performed tooth extraction, including life-threatening infections
- Extraction of the wrong tooth
- Perforation of the sinus cavity
- Fractured jaw
- Life-threatening infections from improperly sterilized dental tools
- Severed nerves
Victims of Dental Malpractice
If you live in the Arizona area and were the victim of dental malpractice, contact our team right away. If you have a valid case, you may be eligible for compensation for your damages. If you lost a family member due to dental malpractice upon whom you are dependent in some way, you may qualify for compensation as their survivor. Our Phoenix, AZ dental malpractice lawyer at Rispoli Law, PLLC can assess your case at no charge; call us today to schedule a consultation.